Love Letters

Jakarta Weekenders: Monolog

It's that wonderful time of the week again, when everyone seems to have that extra eagerness to just hangout and chill immediately right after the bell rings at work. Yes people, it's Friday night. And Jakarta Weekenders was no different.

From the last time we got together a couple weeks back at the birthday party, last night was kinda the follow up meeting to the JakWeek idea, and Monolog Senayan was chosen as the rendezvous point. A place that somehow resembles a Melbourne-like lane way cafe which appropriately sets the mood for some private walk to memory lane.

White sands of the new continent
For those of you who somehow kinda just know me in the surface would suggest that I'm not really good with memories. That's one of the reasons for this blog actually, besides of course as a showcase for all the beautiful pictures ^ ^ ...and umm to think it over again, last night wasn't really quite the follow up 'cause I missed out on last week's meet up to sing your heart out at the karaoke. But it's all cool though.

So I saw the girls again, and this time also the guys. It's been a while since the last time so it's good. I also had the chance to meet up with a bunch of new fun people which is great 'cause new is always great thus said Steve. But one particular new stole my imagination on time traveling and history of old. I'm not gonna name real names here for respect of other people's privacy but lets just call her the CIA.

The Company turns out to be -in historical context- the Columbus who paved way for a new colony; that new world which through a series of connecting-the-dots events later, my life would eventually be impacted by. Wow.

I know I can get too excited than I really should when it comes to these kind of stuffs, and you'd probably think "Hey chill man, that's just how life goes" but remember that old flat in Melbourne I told you about with the stairs and all, well, the CIA was behind it all along as the original inhabitant of the place. Now that doesn't really sound so surprising.

The Langley Boys lived there first before I ever did and it was through her that a friend of mine eventually lived there, which eventually in time I, yes myself, had the chance to also land foot on the beautiful white sand of the new continent.

Upon learning that the CIA was the Flinders that she was, I said, "Meeting you is like seeing a part of my history and I remember you." Sounded weird and spooky I know, like what she said as she jokes about it right away yeah, but what the heck. A great nation is one who never forgets their history, right.

And though I miss my tennis this morning, I didn't miss a piece of history last night. Until next weekend Jakarta, good morning.

Comments

  1. another bates fan! loving the piece. cant wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks. Now I really can't sleep :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment