Love Letters

You Are



From my mother’s womb you have known me
Knitted every strain of cells in my body
Gave me the heart for the man I am to be
You are there from the start for me to see

The woman you have blessed me to call mother
She has in her heart for us to know thee
The only one important for us to come together
Every early morning circled-around to praise thee

So from my youth I have heard thee
All the wondrous things you have done
In the scriptures as it is written down
Also the life stories I hear of the family

Growing up and maturing has never been easy
A lot of things I wish I could have done differently
So sorry for all the choices I made unwisely
But I’m grateful to see and feel you in everything
Never ever letting me go, your faithfulness unchanging

No doubt it is you and always you
Who has been there for me for sure
Now as a man wanting to know more
Guide me always to come to you
That I may be with you forever more
For truly from forever to forever, You Are


W. S.

Comments