Love Letters

Under construction

So ok, tonight as I was just starting to enjoy this TransCab Jakarta on my way home from work, being the second time in seven days that fate has put me in one, with cable tv and enough channels to entertain -no, not entertain- but to keep you busy from noticing the stressful Jakarta traffic just outside the window, the driver decided to tell me that he has to go back to the pool cause his shift is closing near to the end, just half way from my destination. Yeah right, very professional of you, driver, sir. "To the Senayan!", I was left to say, in the manner very much like Adam West's Batman back in the sixties, rerouting my drop off place.

By the way, mentioning the sixties, I saw that Austin Powers movie again on TV the other night, and finding it dry and in some parts annoying, but the fun talent of Mike Myers made it somehow interesting. Well, never mind that, it's 2012 already.

So here I am, after a quick walk in a pace very much above the average pedestrian in Jakarta sidewalks that one would think either I'm late for an important meeting or I'm just plain weird, I find myself in the table I sat months ago. Seated and settled down from the hasty nature of my walking, I start to remember that night back then. I wrote about it here somewhere, I know. Things are a lot different now, it's amazing how things can change in six blinks of an eye while reels of film in three frames per second starts to play right in front of you on how that particular scene developed. It's still the same setting yet with different casts and dialogues. No, it's more like a monologue of a solo cast this time, very much in synced with the place I was at. The very same monologue I guess you're reading now.

Returning on how much of a hurry I was in my steps getting here, perhaps I really was late for a meeting, subconsciously in a way that is also plain weird to even start to explain here.

The iPhone (or your smart phone slash whatever you have as a mobile device) has always been an escape route from any awkward moment of not knowing what to do (or not having anything else to do) at the time being for many, and I guess I was no different after ordering a breakfast set meal for dinner. Although I have a book with me, swiping through the photos in my album was more of an easy path at the moment, for my iPhone was already there present in reach with the palm of my hand compared to the book which is still concealed unseen inside my bag. So the photo you see above here was taken last Saturday when I went for a swim with the kids. Yes there's a construction site quite near to the swimming pool and apparently they're building a new hang out paradise that opens till late night. Development has always been natural, it's continuous, it expands, builds, it moves on like the ticks on my watch as I notice the empty chair in front of me asking, why are you here?

A plausible pause...

Cinnamon rolls, I say. Cinnamon rolls.

W. S.

Comments