Love Letters

Skye, the day after

Fifty-sixth, to the left of the elevator
Couple of steps more to the waiter
A private event, member to enter
Right then, in my suit from earlier

So Skye sushi bar the day after
Pen, paper, courtesy bartender
Songs still ear-easy and milder
Oh can I get a copy just for her

Playing, a soothing Marley cover
Is this love I'm feeling, I wonder
An M.J. song by a female singer
Why we do things over and over

Should stop, not to use all the paper
At least not till I write to uncover
It's given, he can't be any kinder
As apparent to his first customer

Thinking of our time here together
Just last night, you and I and brother
A few stars above with nice weather
The city lights view below brighter

Compared to Lucy is much cozier
Open terrace is so much homier
Evening ambiance makes it fancier
Presence of three makes it merrier

Andrew now is the better Parker
Wit, fit to be the man of spider
In the car we're the Queen chorister
Songs are random for worse or better

On our way passed a suit reminder
A question, not sure of the answer
Sorry for the guess at the launderer
Can't resist your cute eyes of candor

I know less of this charm she's under
Have no impression there's a matter
Of me turning cold to what's warmer
For there's no flame as a beginner

The situation makes me sadder
It's now so hard to be the fixer
If there's no response whatsoever
Just hope it's resolved a lot faster

At the far end of rows of silver
The bar crew chats away a loner
A really nice mix here barkeeper
Again please the playlist, manager

Miss you already twelve hours later
Truth is I already have much sooner
I'm sure of that sitting here longer
As I pen-out what's inside deeper

Perhaps guessing, so to be clearer
I'm never here to get me higher
Liquor walls, I'm perfectly sober
Lest my words won't be as truer

So then I ask please stay closer
You challenge me for the greater
Pure true heart is beauty a charmer
I can't wait for our next encounter!

W. S.

Comments