Love Letters

100 Movies

American Film Institute first made its "AFI's 100 Years 100 Movies" in 1997 and in honoring its 10th anniversary updated the list in 2007. There's a lot in the list that I haven't watched yet but I'm getting there. From the top three of the list, I've seen Citizen Kane and The Godfather, and I agree they're up there on the list. As for Casablanca, I can only say that I'll watch the movie at some point of my life, and Humphrey Bogart is such a trademark of a name.


Citizen Kane
"It's also my pleasure to see to it that decent, hard-working people in this community aren't robbed blind by a pack of money-mad pirates, just because they haven't had anybody to look after their interests... If I don't look after the interests of the underprivileged, maybe somebody else will, maybe somebody without any money or property... and that would be too bad!" - Charles Foster Kane







The Godfather
"You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance gonna bring your son back to you and my boy to me? I forgo all the vengeance in my son. But I have selfish reasons. I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive. But that aside, let me say that I swear on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made here today." - Don Corleone 



Casablanca
"And you never will. But I've got a job to do too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Here's looking at you, kid." - Rick Blaine

Comments